How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4918
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Would like to know the quickest way to go to court for Child

This answer was rated:

Hi, would like to know the quickest way to go to court for Child Court Order ( i got the C100 form) just need help from someone to go through the process
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: mediation an got the C100 form and*
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: if i can get legal help with the fee

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

You can find a mediator here: - you can search by postcode.

If you wish to apply for fee remission, you can do so on form EX160 - and there are accompanying notes called EX160A, both of which I will link to in a moment. You can also apply for fee remission online, which is a much easier method as you complete everything online and then the system gives you the code to put onto your C100 form.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.

EX160 form:

E160A Notes:

SASH_Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, thanks for your quick answer, and how the file works ? My partner left me last year for someone else and we've got a 3 years old together, since then I have been told to contact only her boyfriend as she blocked my number by this person... I don't want to contact this person as he got nothing to do with my child. This guy has been abusive and racist to me ( I'm French).Also been sending text saying Hi it is Kirsty ( my ex partner) which i cannot really be sure that it is her, saying that my daughter told them that i smack her because i don't love her which is completely false as i wouldn't stay in England on my own without family if i didn't love my daughter...
I also would like to put a charge against hi; for defimation.
But to do so i need the exact steps.. I paid 400 pound to a sollitor which basically gone nowhere, then paid 150 pound mediation and got the C100...
So now my only way to get this resolve for my kid is to go to court.Sorry if this email is long but i really don't like how the story is becoming.Thank you

It's not defamation, so don't waste your time with that. If the child has said you hit her, then the mother can relay that information to you even if it turns out not to be true.

If you have not managed to get an agreement in place via mediation, then court is unfortunately your last option. Now that your C100 has been signed by the mediator you can go ahead and apply to court. You don't really need a solicitor at this stage, so simply send the form in.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you! but I'll put a charge for racism. Anyway, should i feel the EX160 first and then apply to the court?

If you need fee remission and meet the criteria then you can complete EX160 at the same time as you send the C100 to court.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok perfect thank you very much for your time and advices, have a great evening.

You're very welcome.