UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I need an advice regarding tenancy contract. My tensnt and l

I need an advice regarding tenancy contract. My tensnt and l both wish to terminate the contract with the agents as they ate not doing their work. We are unhappy. But as they introduced the tenant they do not wish to end the contract as long as the tenants live in the property
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxford Headington
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted smq solicitors and sent all correspondence but they are too busy. In spite of telling me that they will be in touvh with me they failed to do do. The contract ends on October 29th
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My agents took ms on a ride sending me invoices for the work they have not done. For the last 6 months I am appointing workmen to carry out maintenance work when asked by the tenant while they are taking full management fees. After long correspondence they have now admitted their fault and offered me 2 montjs free management. I am not keen on that because they are expensive and have many hidden charges. My tenanta. are a couple and good people. They are not getting any service from the agents i hsve issued notice but as long as the tenants live there they cannot terminate the contract.

I am a solicitor.

Please upload your contract with the estate agency using the paperclip icon.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay I have to find it out

Sure.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no telephone call needed at the moment. The contract binds me with the clause that as long as their tenants stay in the property Leaders have right to full management. My question if the agents fulfil their basic duties and do not satisfy the tenants and landlord is there not any way out ? My contract ceases on October 29th of October.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you there ?

You may terminate the contract or wait for it to end but I am afraid you would still be contractually obliged to pay the agency if the tenant continues living in your property as they introduced the tenant.

You may try and negotiate a settlement with the estate agency if possible e.g. paying them a fixed amount in full and final settlement, but they need to agree to this.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They have failed to render service on the both end. Inundated tme with incorrect invoices. Ignored to repair emergency electrical repairs and admitted their fault but still not doing much other than taking money from me and als from the tenant each moth which is cslled non refundable
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thanks

You may refuse to pay them anything and inform them that you are terminating their contract due to non performance.

They may take legal proceedings against you which you may then defend accordingly.

All the best