How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8288
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I need a solicitor to help me take my name of the mortgage

This answer was rated:

I need a solicitor to help me take my name of the mortgage deeds
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: leeds, west yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: my wife has a mortgage approval, she has a solicitor who needs details of one I will use to send on the relevant documentation
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the separation is amicable and there’s no money issues to resolve

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you

Happy to help. Have the mortgage company insisted that you have our own solicitor for this process or just that you take legal advice and produce a signed letter to say that you have?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
They have advised to get a solicitor for this process

I understand. OK, in that case, I will direct you to the law society search facility to find someone locally near you. If you had just required a letter to say you had been advised, it's something I may have been able to help with!

You can use the search facility here, and search by specialism (family/ property) and locality.

Find a solicitor:

I trust that this assists you and I hope that you are able to resolve the matter quickly. It should not cost much to appoint someone given that the two of you are agreed on the outcome you both are looking for.

Can I clarify anything further today?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No thats all thanks

My pleasure.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

plclegal and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter