Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I was Physically Assaulted by by Colleague a day ago and

Hello. My name is***** was Physically Assaulted by by Colleague a day ago and made both vocal and written complaint. I have now been asked to write a statement of the incident..can you please advise me on how to make a work related physical assault personal statement? Thank you . I want to write it out and send it in so situation is investigated.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bristol, United Kingdom.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: vocal and Written complaint
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Before the assault the said colleague has used abusive words on different occasions but has now demonstrated physical violence towards me.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Was this request made by the employer? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The Personal Statement was requested by the Branch Manager.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The Personal Statement was requested by the Branch Manager

Thank you very much for clarifying. A personal statement is simply your account of what happened, said in your own words. It should be nothing more than you recalling the events of that day and specifically the incident you are complaining about. Obviously, a chronological order would be best as it naturally follows the events that took place. Imagine that you are verbally telling a story about the incident and try to convey the same on to paper. The details of the actual incident will be most important so give most attention to that. In the end, remember that there is no set format or any specific expectation on you – a personal statement is just that – ‘personal’. It is therefore your personal view on what happened, said in your own words.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.