INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a problem with a house builder. They are registered

Hi. I have a problem with a house builder. They are registered in Scotland while I am in England and so is the house. I do not now if Scottish or English law applies.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They damaged my en suite one year ago but I cannot seem to get them to fix it. They have left me with a temporary repair.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Does the company have a registered office 8n the UK?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The only thing at Companies House is in Scotland ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just googled them. They do have offices in Warrington. I don't know if it's registered though.

If this is the case, I would suggest youb9ssue your claim in the Scottish courts as it would be simpler to enforce a judgment in Scotland if that is where the company 8s registered.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

If the have offices in Warrington, you can issue in the UK.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That's what I've said I'll do but they have no interest. They have now agreed to do the repair but just won't guarantee to complete. I feel they may intentionally make my shower unusable again and then deliberately delay repairing it. All they say is "The works are booked in to be completed in the 5 day period that includes decoration, should there be no unexpected issues, which I do not envisage."

If there is not developments, I would suggest you issue through the Scottish courts to ensure a swifter resolution.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
do I need to let them repair it and see what happens or is the fact I've waited a year sufficient for me to start court proceedings ?

The fact that younhave waited a year is sufficient to start proceedings

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

It's a pleasure

Good luck.