How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16054
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I have a problem with a house builder. They are registered

This answer was rated:

Hi. I have a problem with a house builder. They are registered in Scotland while I am in England and so is the house. I do not now if Scottish or English law applies.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They damaged my en suite one year ago but I cannot seem to get them to fix it. They have left me with a temporary repair.


Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Does the company have a registered office 8n the UK?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The only thing at Companies House is in Scotland ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just googled them. They do have offices in Warrington. I don't know if it's registered though.


If this is the case, I would suggest youb9ssue your claim in the Scottish courts as it would be simpler to enforce a judgment in Scotland if that is where the company 8s registered.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

If the have offices in Warrington, you can issue in the UK.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That's what I've said I'll do but they have no interest. They have now agreed to do the repair but just won't guarantee to complete. I feel they may intentionally make my shower unusable again and then deliberately delay repairing it. All they say is "The works are booked in to be completed in the 5 day period that includes decoration, should there be no unexpected issues, which I do not envisage."

If there is not developments, I would suggest you issue through the Scottish courts to ensure a swifter resolution.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
do I need to let them repair it and see what happens or is the fact I've waited a year sufficient for me to start court proceedings ?

The fact that younhave waited a year is sufficient to start proceedings

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you.

It's a pleasure

Good luck.

INC Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you