How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19644
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We are tenants and home owners of app 20 houses. An old

This answer was rated:

We are tenants and home owners of app 20 houses. An old disused train track runs along the back of our houses. The problem we have is with the continuous huge trees overreaching (completely) many of our small gardens. we have no daylight or sunlight in any of the rear bedrooms, our kitchens and also our bathrooms. We are completely immersed in them all along. you chip trees our gutters and drain pipes are constantly blocked with leaves, our gardens are covered in them completely once the winter has begun to come. We should not have to live like this. And also of any falling trees and any roots damaging our property. They are responsibility of the Preston city council. I tried many years ago myself to have them removed with no success, just excuses I don’t know what to do about the situation. Please help x

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

You need to write to the Council and make a formal complaint.

They will investigate the matter and report back to you.

If they do not uphold the complaint then you can go to the Local Government Ombudsman.

They offer a free, independent service who can examine your complaint at:

That should resolve the matter for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not at this time thank you I will put this into writing for the local council x

My pleasure

Jamie-Law and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you