james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Abyone who can deal with a probate question, Uk, Probate has

abyone who can deal with a probate question
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Probate has been granted and all present and correct, they were going to let a friend stay in property for 2 weeks but someone says no only relatives can stay. Friend has had to break their property chain and essentially have no where to go....? Council tax and bills willl be paid (need ti for approx 3 weeks)
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so that;s the basic question can you let a friend stay in a deceased property as a guest?

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If all the beneficiaries of the property agree, there should be no issue with that.

If any disagree, then no they cannot stay there.
They would  not be homeless, they could use a hotel, Airbnb etc.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
All beneficiaries have agreed however another family member (not a beneficiary) has told them it has to be a familiy menber only. Should the friend register for council tax and what are the implications as probate is on property
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can;t call now but as long as the issue it doesn't have to be a family member is answered that's will help for today. Thank you please confirm that this is the case.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hi if you can just confirm I may take a futher call tomorrow thank you

If the beneficiaries are happy then yes the person can stay there. Yes they should register for council tax etc, becoause the estate should not be burdened with that.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for this evening

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.