UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

The owners of the house next door I suspect have poisoned a

The owners of the house next door I suspect have poisoned a mature mountain ash tree in our garden by putting weedkiller on root shoots that have gone under boundary fence. Can I take action against them for damage,also damage to our fence?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: YO8 6QS North Yorkshire England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None so far. I only found out on Sunday when I went round to trim some of our shrubs back,I found that weedkiller has been sprayed all length of their garden.We had been concerned about our tree for a while as all the berries had dropped off and the leaves turned brown.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The lady who had lived there died almost three years ago and the beneficiaries looking after property whilst they try for planning permission on the garden.

I am a solicitor.

Sorry to hear this.

Yes, you may take legal proceedings against them. The onus will be on you to show that they caused the damage to your tree and fence.

May I help further?

I trust that my response was useful.

All the best