Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I'm looking for resolved in the court my problem with my

Hi I'm looking for resolved in the court my problem with my neighbour she defame me to another neighbour...
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Romford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I call the police and they say to not disturb me again
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What exactly has happened? Please explain your situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Nice to meet you,yes Im glad to help me
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No sorry I want to text you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My neighbour acuz me I have a affair with her husband and she spred rumours to another neighbour

The pop-up offering you the chance to request a phone call is automatically generated by the site and you have already paid for a written response so that is the part I will continue helping you with. Please contact customer services to cancel the call and request a refund by following the link below:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-to-request-refund

In the meantime please explain what exactly has happened with your neighbour

OK thanks, ***** ***** are you ideally hoping to achieve so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I mention I don't have conversations more then 5min with her husband
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I want to go in court with her
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Because she still disturb me even just I call the police to stop her but now she do a lot of noise in the middle of the night
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm working 12 hours shift and she us washing machine 2 o'clock in the morning
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can you call me again please I was thinking it somebody else
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi can you call me back please

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. It was not me who accepted your call request so whichever expert did should try and call you again.

Going back to your query, whilst this may appear to be a potential case of defamation (this includes libel if it is in written form, or slander if it is in oral form), such claims are rather difficult to pursue. Many people are keen on suing for defamation without having full appreciation of the law or practicalities of doing so. I will try and clarify the position below to give you a better understanding and cover some of these practicalities.

First of all, certain conditions must be met for the statement to be classified as defamatory. These are:

1. There has to be a defamatory statement - the assessment that is often used to establish this is whether the statement tends to lower the claimant in the estimation of right-thinking members of society generally

2. Its publication has caused or is likely to cause serious harm to the reputation of the claimant – this will vary based on what effect it will have but it really has to be something sufficiently serious

3. The statement has been published by the defendant to a third party

4. The claimant must prove that the words complained of were published about them - this should not be an issue if the claimant is named or clearly identified.

Whilst it may be easy to prove that defamation has taken place, the legal process of pursuing such a claim is often complex and prohibitively expensive. A claim must be made in the High Court and will likely require the help of professional defamation lawyers, so the costs will often be high right from the outset, usually in the thousands. There is also no legal aid available for such claims so the complainant must fund these personally.

You must also consider whether the publisher of the statement can potentially defend the claim. For example, this can happen by proving the statement was true or an honest opinion which could have been made based on the available facts.

Instead of starting legal proceedings it would be best to contact the publisher of the comment, advise them that what they have done amounts to defamation and that you will consider pursuing the matter further if they do not retract their statement and issue an apology. A solicitor can also be instructed to write such a letter, although here will be costs involved and it does not always make a huge difference. Either option could prompt the publisher to reconsider their position, which would avoid the need for court action. Of course, if they refuse to comply the option of suing still exists, but consider the above information before going down that route.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much!

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best