SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

If your employer has a rolling 4 week rota, but the

if your employer has a rolling 4 week rota, but the employees contract doesn't state the actual shifts they'd be working with 'subject to change' written, does the rolling rota become a binding contract after 6 months if no shift changes have been made?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: with the manager
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: a new manager wants to change our existing rota, which changes constantly, to a rolling rota. my manager tells me it seems ok in principle but then can't be changed after 6 months unless the employee agrees to it under employment law.

Good morning,

Welcome to just answer.

I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Please note that although I can guide you, just answer doesn’t provide legal representation and as such no Solicitor/client relationship is formed.

Please bear with me sbd I will type your response shortly.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry, would love to switch as it is easier than the written word, which is easily misinterpreted, unfortunately I can't afford the extra to be able to do this.
I will type your response here if call is not suitable fir you, bear with me please,

Thank you for your patience l, I am sorry I had a short telephone hearing that I had to attend.
mid the contract wording hasn’t been changed 6 months is too short to have a legitimate expectation for that shifts wouldn’t change. You may want to check the term on variation to se if there a notification requirement for any changes the employer may wish to effect. In most good contracts there generally is a provision that employees to be given specific/reasonable notice. A business culture develops over a long time and you would struggle to say that had happened after 6 months, Had there been no written contract that states ‘rolling contract subject to change’ they would not have authority to make the change when the managers changed, ’ ‘

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, I am glad to assist. All the best.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.