How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19638
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Does a civil enforcement agent has a legal rights to close a

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: does a civil enforcement agent has a legal rights to close a business premises?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It’s a shop in portobello road west London?
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: The situation is a bit complicated
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i can provide the notice on the door and further information

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The lock for shop has been changed an a notice beut on the door

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I just paid but no call has been received yet

I will call in 5 mins.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you

My pleasure

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When will I receive the phone call?

When you say to close a premises, it depends on what it is for.

1) If it is for rent arrears, then yes - if your lease has a right to enter the lease, then they can come in and change the locks

2) If it is for a debt, then the answer is no - they can not change the locks.

I understand that you rent a shop, but that it is sublet.

I have suggested you contact the bailiffs to find out what documents they hold from the Landlord.

I have also suggested that you get a public access Barrister to assist.

You can get one at:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.