How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8107
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am married but have always used my maiden name on

This answer was rated:

I am married but have always used my maiden name on everything, mortgages, at the bank, on my passports etc. I have only used my married name on my medical records because I had a baby and felt there would be less confusion if we had the same surname. My grown up daughter now has a different name anyway. I want to change my medical records back to my maiden name to get my covid vaccination status for travel purposes. The GP has said it only accepts name changes with divorce papers or by deed poll. Is this correct. The GP
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted the GP to ask for the change and they replied as above.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so.


I am a solicitor.

Yes, I am afraid the GP is correct.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can I do a deed poll on line

You may do so:

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I will do that.

You are welcome.

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you