MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

Im on pension credit am i allowed to work a few hours a

im on pension credit am i allowed to work a few hours a week
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: kidderminster
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i help my cousins husband cleaning after she died
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. The short answer is yes, you can work part time whilst on pension credits.

However you should be aware that if you decide to work part-time in retirement, some of your benefit entitlements may be affected. Primarily, you may no longer be entitled to Pension Credit if your weekly income rises to more than £155.60, hpwever if you are working just a few hours a week this is unlikely to apply.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I ONLY WORK 8 HOURS AND I GET £40 POUNDS BUT OUT OF THAT I BUY THE CLEANING PRODUCTS AND A FEW ODDS AND ENDS THATS NEEDED
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
NO YOU YOU HAVE TOLD ME WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW THANK YOU

Glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best going forwards.