How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 24624
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I disputed my parent's Will and placed a Caveat on the home

This answer was rated:

Hello, I disputed my parent's Will and placed a Caveat on the home to prevent my brother (purported sole beneficiary) from selling it. I've now executed a Consent Order with the High Court to lift the Caveat ad the Order admits to the efficacy of the Will. I have sent this to my brother's legal representative. However his Solicitor has not as yet sent this to the High Court and is requesting (no, demanding) that I send him a hand-written letter admitting to the validity of the Will. To be frank, I trust neither my brother nor his legal representative and am reluctant to give them anything extraneous to the official process of the High Court. Am I justified in pointing to the Consent Order and maintaining that any further documentation of this personal nature is superfluous and unnecessary please? Many thanks, ***** *****

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

For background - has he agreed to give you your share?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
he has. Not equitably, but I'm worn down with arguing by now.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Any thoughts yet?

I’m not certain why they are wanting a handwritten missive in in addition to a sealed consent order although just because it’s been executed by you doesn’t mean it sealed by the court (rubberstamp).

I would point at the Consent Order and ask them why they want something additional.  I would tell them exactly what you told me, its surplus and unnecessary

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Kind regards

Stuart J and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much, Stuart. This is most helpful. Kind regards, Richard

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me,  with your legal problem.