How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 24639
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I seperated from my wife 12.4.21. My mum passed away 28.4.21

This answer was rated:

Hi. I seperated from my wife 12.4.21. My mum passed away 28.4.21 leaving ~ £400k to me. I want to buy a property near to my family so I can help out with the 2 kids (12 and 8), but not live in the family home. Purchasing a small 2 bed house will cost around £325k. Do I have to give my wife half of what I'm having left to me?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My wife and kids libe in Uckfield (East Sussex). I currently live in West Sussex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have left our home and don't expect her to sell. I have found a number of properties in U kfield
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

You are not legally separated?

are you planning to either legally separate or divorce?

Stuart J and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We're not legally separated and are not planning to do so or divorce.