Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I seperated from my wife 12.4.21. My mum passed away 28.4.21

Hi. I seperated from my wife 12.4.21. My mum passed away 28.4.21 leaving ~ £400k to me. I want to buy a property near to my family so I can help out with the 2 kids (12 and 8), but not live in the family home. Purchasing a small 2 bed house will cost around £325k. Do I have to give my wife half of what I'm having left to me?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My wife and kids libe in Uckfield (East Sussex). I currently live in West Sussex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have left our home and don't expect her to sell. I have found a number of properties in U kfield
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

You are not legally separated?

are you planning to either legally separate or divorce?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We're not legally separated and are not planning to do so or divorce.