Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Am not sure if i have a claim off neglect given to my dog ??

JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland fife
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as a don't know what to do
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not sure

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Please explain your situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I took my dog to the vet with a bad eye also had a lump on his right mandible.
Peanut was under sedation for graph on right eye.
The lump was never investigated,also i can't see in repirt of his medical history when i reported it also one on his left shoulder.

OK thanks, ***** ***** happened after the visit to the vet?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Sorry i cant afford that i will try some one else thanks

The pop-up offering you the chance to request a phone call is automatically generated by the site and you have already paid for a written response so that is the part I will continue helping you with. Please contact customer services to cancel the call and request a refund by following the link below:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-to-request-refund

In the meantime leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Hi there, whether there is any negligence on the vet’s part will depend on whether what they did fell below the standard expected of a reasonably competent vet in their position. Sometimes, there may be a difference of opinion between professionals and one would have done things differently to another – both are acceptable and not negligent. So you need to show that what yours did was clearly not something that any reasonably qualified vet would have done and it was serious enough to be considered negligent. The issue is that only vets can judge that so you need to gather some independent professional opinions on whether their actions were negligent when considered by another competent vet. If it is clear that this is the case, you can the consider pursuing them for compensation for any losses incurred as a result of their actions.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can potentially do so by making a court claim. However, as legal action should only be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without the need to involve the courts. It is therefore recommended that the following steps are taken in order to try and resolve this:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before claim – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party should be sent a formal ‘letter before claim’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time – 14 days is reasonable. They should be advised that if they fail to make contact to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the money that is owed. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this without the need for legal action. If the letter before claim is also ignored, formal legal proceedings can be initiated.

For claims below £5,000 the Simple Procedure can be used. Please see here for further details:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure

For claims above £5,000, or more complex matters, the claim should be pursued through the Ordinary Cause. Please see here for further details:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/ordinary-cause

Once you hear back from the court, you will send the details of the claim to the debtor, who will have a limited time to answer it. They could accept it and pay what is owed, they could accept it only in part and defend the rest, or they could outright reject it. They could also completely ignore it, in which case judgment will eventually be entered automatically against them. Also, it is worth noting that the simple act of submitting a claim could show the debtor that this is being taken seriously and prompt them to consider negotiating a potential solution to stop the claim progressing further, such as offering full or partial payment of the amount sought in the claim.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I have been charged £44 for a phone call never received one.
I want my £44 put back into my bank thankyou

Hello, I am just an independent user on this site, in the same way as you are, which means that unfortunately I have no involvement in the billing side of things. If you need to query anything to do with billing, charges or membership, you may be able to take certain actions by going to your account on this site. Alternatively, please contact the site’s customer service team directly. You can find their contact details by following this link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Hopefully, they will resolve any issues you have to your satisfaction.