Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I had booked airport parking with Direct parking Paisley

Hi I had booked airport parking with Direct parking Paisley which cost £32.50 they sent confirmation which I printed off .When we arrived the entrance was closed off with blocks and railings we phoned them several times and left messages on their answering machine to no reply ,as a result we were short of time and had to park at Glasgow airport or we would have missed our flight .I contacted the airport parking manager on our return you forwarded this on to Holiday express parking for investigation but have had no contact since the 19 th August .how do I get a refund our recompense . The airport parking cost me£135 so I really feel out of pocket
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent emails to the parking manager containing copy of the parking verification but no further contact from them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: will this cost me anymore as Iam off work looking after my wife who had a slight accident Also we could see the car park we booked was all closed down but you can still get it on the webb

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Do you know if the company is actively trading?

and can I also just check how you paid for the booking?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Would rather type thanks

The pop-up offering you the chance to request a phone call is automatically generated by the site and you have already paid for a written response so that is the part I will continue helping you with as soon as you can provide the information requested a few moments ago

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The company is Direct Parking Paisley I think you can still get them on the internet also paid through my bank card which is on my bank statement
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My Holiday dates were 13 th to 19th
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry wrong dates 9th till 13 th August

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

If you ended up paying extra due to the original company’s failure to provide you with the services they promised, you can consider pursuing them for compensation to recover the difference. You would have still had to pay them £32.50, but you ended up paying £135 instead, so you simply need to pursue them for that £135.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can potentially do so by making a court claim. However, as legal action should only be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without the need to involve the courts. It is therefore recommended that the following steps are taken in order to try and resolve this:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before claim – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party should be sent a formal ‘letter before claim’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time – 14 days is reasonable. They should be advised that if they fail to make contact to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the money that is owed. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this without the need for legal action. If the letter before claim is also ignored, formal legal proceedings can be initiated.

For claims below £5,000 the Simple Procedure can be used. Please see here for further details:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure

For claims above £5,000, or more complex matters, the claim should be pursued through the Ordinary Cause. Please see here for further details:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/ordinary-cause

Once you hear back from the court, you will send the details of the claim to the debtor, who will have a limited time to answer it. They could accept it and pay what is owed, they could accept it only in part and defend the rest, or they could outright reject it. They could also completely ignore it, in which case judgment will eventually be entered automatically against them. Also, it is worth noting that the simple act of submitting a claim could show the debtor that this is being taken seriously and prompt them to consider negotiating a potential solution to stop the claim progressing further, such as offering full or partial payment of the amount sought in the claim.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.