How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3018
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

My neighbour is threatening me with violence. Llanfrechfa

This answer was rated:

My neighbour is threatening me with violence.
JA: Where is your neighbor? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Llanfrechfa Torfaen
JA: What steps has your neighbor taken so far?
Customer: keeps threaten to physically assault me. Ie I will put you down permently
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: yes he has been threatening for last 6 years. And keeps ripping my clematis o my French etc.


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

If the police are unable to assist at the moment I suggest you apply to the local county court for a civil injunction. This is a court remedy that orders the man to stop such conduct and failing to do so can amount to a criminal offence.

However, before you do this, send the neighbour a cease and desist letter to warn him of your intentions unless he stops.

Please give the neighbour 14 days to stop the conduct.

You can obtain a “cease and desist” letter template from That said you can a draft letter by your self too but ensure you make it known it is a cease and desist letter and he stops the conduct(ensure you spell out the conduct too) in question. Further it will be wise to remind him that his conducts falls within the definition given within Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 which is as unwanted conduct designed to cause the victim alarm or distress”. Hopefully the letter may well be enough to stop the conduct as an injunction is a serious legal remedy.

Do you understand what i have stated so far if yes i will proceed to discuss the next step in the event he does not listen to the contents within your letter?

Assuming the conduct continues after you send the letter then it would be up to you whether you want to apply for the injunction. My advice is to instruct a local solicitor to assist you with completing the relevant forms. Alternatively you can return to JA and open a new question and i or one of the other experts can assist you with regards ***** ***** the relevant forms.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay sage

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My wife was cremated 3 weeks ago, being my Rock she stated ignore the threats etc.. having had various problems with this person.
I moved into this house.
Owned by my wife.about 5 years ago. The neighbour as been abusive along with his wife .
Saying I was a Lodger and didn't belong there.calling me a gypsy bastard etc .
Chris my now deceased kept telling me don't get involved.although words had been said between neighbour and myself.
About a week ago ,I heard the sound of ripping of foliage etc coming from our back garden.
It was the neighbour ripping our clematis down.
I asked him to stop .
And was told get back inside Gypsy boy and shut up as now my wife was dead, I would not be living there long as I would be evicted.
( not knowing my partner Chris) who was terminaly ill had married in a special wedding ceremony 6 weeks prior.)
On hearing these comments and being called Gypsy boy repeatedly .
I made some comments of a derogatory kind about both him and is wife, which possibly were racist.
This was done in the heat of the moment due to comments which he had made about me being evicted, and she was dead.
I have now to go to the local police station as they reported me for making a racial comment.
Please advise