Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I need advice regarding applying for a UK Visitor Visa. It

Hi there, I need advice regarding applying for a UK Visitor Visa.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: It is for my partner, she is a Saudi Citizen currently living in Georgia. I haven't spoken to a lawyer yet about this
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We haven't started yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: So my partner is from Saudi but is living in Georgia atm. Georgia is a red list country, and from what I've read online, Visitor Visas are not being granted from Red List counties. Thus, she will travel through a 'corridor' like Ukraine which is on the Amber List. What I'm unsure of is whether she can apply from Georgia, stating clearly that she will spend 14 days in Ukraine before travelling to the UK, or if it's better to apply from Ukraine.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
my partner is from Saudi but is living in Georgia atm. Georgia is a red list country, and from what I've read online, Visitor Visas are not being granted from Red List counties. Thus, she will travel through a 'corridor' like Ukraine which is on the Amber List. What I'm unsure of is whether she can apply from Georgia, stating clearly that she will spend 14 days in Ukraine before travelling to the UK (as this is the requirement), or if it's better to apply from Ukraine.

She can apply from Georgia or Ukraine and explain why she has not applied from her home country

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Will it have the same chance of being accepted if she applies from Georgia, as it is red list?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.

If this is red list the need to apply from Ukraine

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thanks. In your honest opinion, if she were to apply from Georgia, would it be possible for it to be accepted if she states she will be going visa Ukraine and spending 14 days there?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
via* not visa

If she applies from Georgia, it is likely the application could be put on hold until Georgia comes off from red list

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
that's what I thought too, unfortunately! What about when she has to state her reason for applying from Ukraine, could she simply say "as I couldn't apply from Georgia"? What would be a sufficient reason for applying from Ukraine for the best chance of application acceptance?

She would basically need to say given the current Covid 19 situation with Georgia and Saudi being on the Red list she has been unavailable to apply.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, thanks for the advice