INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My dad had passed away last year and my mum and sister is

My dad had passed away last year and my mum and sister is the signortors on this bank account. My mum has closed the account and removed all the money from that account and put into my account for the time being. The reason for this is because my sister does not want my mum to have the money and she has been removing moneyh from the account without my mum's consent. Before the money could reach my account there is now been put on the account an dispute. Can my mum override the dispute who is 85 years.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in London my mum lives in Grenada and had this account when she lived in Birmingham, England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: On the 3rd November we got the bank to transfer the money into my account for the time being but my sister who thinks the money is her has gone into the bank that day and i think as put a stop or dispute on the account.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes, is my mum in the right to cancel the account and remove all monies without my sister knowing as she is the 3rd in line as the signator on the book. Because my dad died last year November in Grenada and my sister did not notify the bank of his death or produce the death certificate which she has and was removing money and also refusing to give my mum the bank book or tell her of the amount in the account, my mum felt that she removed all the money from the account.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Was there a Will? If so, what were the provisions?

I see you have requested a telephone call.  Would you still like this service?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
there was a Will and it said that I am the Trustee to the account and my mum and sister is the signators. I would also like a call back and available at 1pm -1.30pm or in the evenings after 5pm. Thank you

Are you available in 30 minutes?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you please call at 1pm - 1.30pm or after 5 pm

Sure. I will aim for lunchtime

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

No problem

I tried calling but was unable to reach you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you call again didn't get connected at around 5pm this evening thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you call me again at 5pm this evening thanks

Ok

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

No problem

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am available to talk now if you can call me thank you

I have tried calling again but was unable to connect

Would you still like a call in relation to this matter?