MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

With a house purchase, does the contract have to be signed

with a house purchase, does the contract have to be signed by the purchaser, in the presence of a solicitor.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. No, the sale contract does not need to be witnessed by the solicitors.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am in Mexico and cannot get back to the UK, can my solicitor in the uk courier the contract to me in Mexico, I sign it and courier it back, would that work?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
have I used up my questions?

Yes you could, but you could also give your solicitor permission to sign the contract on your behalf.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
how do I give him permission, with a POA or just tell him to sign it?

Yes I would advise that you contact the solicitor and provide authority to sign the contract on your behalf.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Mathew, wish were my solicitor, ....he has no answers.

Glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best in your matter.