RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I have been offered an interim role through an agency with

I have been offered an interim role through an agency with daily rates. At the interview we agreed for initial 6 months as I was clear I needed that minimum length to commit. I am nervous as the agency is requesting me to resign from my current role without a formal contract. The agency says formal contract isn’t required for an interim role but I am uncomfortable with this. Could you advise please? Thank you
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Birmingahm
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked for assurances which they have given but short of a formal contract. I am not confident turning in my resignation from my current role without a formal contract
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am also in the process of buying a house and have exchanged contracts waiting for completion which is a reason I am even more careful about my employment status

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
How soon please as this is urgent as I need to decide quickly
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Will the £44 be additional charges as I was made to understand what I paid is inclusive
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Reply by text here please as I don’t have the extra fee to pay. Thank you

Thank you for the question.  You will want an agreement of some sort from them if you have just taken out a mortgage.  What you should do, is state to them that if they are not able to provide a contract to you, you would like some type of acknowledgement that you are employed by them and an outline of the offer.  There is nothing (from a legal perspective) to state they cannot do this.  You should explain to them that this is required from the bank, and even though you are only interim staff, under the Employment Rights Act 1996 they are still required to supply you with an employment contact.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.