Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We spoke about 10 months ago regarding my divorce and My ex

Hello, we spoke about 10 months ago regarding my divorce and My ex husbands Ltd company, of which I am a 20% shareholder and he is 80%, he also hold 10 new 'B' shares on which the only dividends are now paid. He is the only Director.We now have a court date for financials.My questions are: Will he need to provide a valuation of the company?
Will he need to provide me with bank statements of the company?
I believe he uses the company bank account for a lot of personal things coffees/lunch every day, his car, trains and dinners out, possibly flights and holidays. Will this be seen as extra income?
Will he need to provide me with the details company accounts?Thank you in advance.
Sarah

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
please continue.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Yes he would need to provide a valuation of the company.

Yes he will need to provide bank statements of the company.

Yes any non-company expenses can be attributed to his personal income.

He need to provide company account information such as bank statements but not access.

I trust this assists

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy. Should this information be provided with his form e?

Yes it should. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Valuations on our two properties: We split in Jan 2018 and our FMH valuation has gone up a lot (and I’ve paid of £18k off the mortgage).
Our second property (he moved into 10months after split) is smaller and not gone up in value as much. Also still on BTL so not paid any off.
My question. Will the ‘pot’ be worked out on valuations now or then?
Will my £18k be taken into consideration?
Will it make a difference that our children are now 3yrs older (16 and 13) for the %split. He has dragged this out.
Thanks in advance.

So the valuation will be based on the price as close as possible to the FMH, the 18k will be considered. As the children are still under 18 the fact the children are 3 years older should not make much a difference. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you. Sorry I was unclear with my question. Will the valuations be taken from now or 3 1/2 years ago when we split?

Now as the values will have changed in the meantime. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He offered me the FMH and for him to have the second property & £18k for my company shares. I got my mortgage in principle (based on me still working for his company salary of £711pcm). I said Yes.
He then withdrew the £18K offer (never had the company valuation either) 3 weeks before my mortgage offer ended. I turned down the offer. He then made me redundant meaning I now can get enough mortgage for the FMH. Now the house valuations mean that I have a lot more equity than he does in the second property as the FMH is bigger and gone up %wise.
Will any of this be taken into account? If it's 70/30 split we should be pretty even. Do you think the company situation could push me towards a 70/30 split? How do I ask for this?

I understand, yes all of that is taken into account in the final resolution. Ultimately it will be a fair balancing act of the overall assets available. I trust this assists