Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I was hit from behind by a truck on the motorway but my

I was hit from behind by a truck on the motorway but my insurance company is trying to say it was my fault, the third party has only provided photos to show what happened but they are trying to say I was at fault but I was stationary at the time and had been for some time, the picture has no time stamp and doesn’t show what really happened but getting this through to my insurance company is like banging my head against a brick wall. What can I do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Britain
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted them 4 times and requested that they get the video evidence from the vehicle that hit me not just look at the convenient picture that shows me in one lane then in front of the truck. The time stamp will show I was sat in the lane for a while and even when the driver hit me he carried on driving without due care and attention.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I can explain what happened in more detail in person.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Please can you confirm whether the incident occurred in England or Wales?

I assume the incident occurred in England or Wales.

In view of this, I suggest you advise the insurer to look into the meta data of the images as this will show the time the photos were taken/created. Hopefully the time difference between when the collision occurred and picture taken will help convince the insurer to accept your version of events and thus defend the claim.

That said you can also report the matter to third party insurer of you have not already done so. They may have a different view which supports yours and therefore accept liability.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s England. Yes I have explained that the video needs to be viewed but I just keep getting passed from person to person and put on hold, it’s just like they really can’t be bothered to look into it, this is why I’m seeking legal advice. I have waited months now for them to get back to me but no one has. They were fast enough taking my money but now it’s impossible to get them to do anything.

I think you may need to raise a complaint regarding the service you have received. This will likely speed up the process in responding back to you.