Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am trying to find out if Ellis and Burlington are a

Hi I am trying to find out if Ellis and Burlington are a registered company with a government or not as I don't know who to trust
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Do you work with Ben Jones
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have been trying to recover my money which I invested in Richmond Super Fund and they took everything and I am left with nothing and I am trying to find a legitimate scam recovery company
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Where are u situated. What country are u in

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Do you have a website for them? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi I was so stupid I invested my money in a trading platform called Richmond Super Fund who are supposed8 to be working in London and he manipulated me in starting small then investing all my money into their trading which looked like a real trading platform and it was looking good so I thought and when I asked to get some money put if all disappeared and they won't help me or return calls and make up all these excuses plus he conned me into getting 2 personal loan oo $40000 AUD each plus $5000 on my credit card and all up I have lost $500,000AUD plus up that up above and U am struggling to pay off these loans with all my life savings gone. And why I was asking about Ellis& Buirlington as them and other companies I have looked into are supposed to be money scam recovery companies and I don't know how I find our if they are registered companies as they promise they can help recover your money for a fee. I am desperate for help please
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry I can't call now as I am leaving for work but may try tomorrow if that's ok or later on as I am on night shift here in Australia

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

There are various such companies which advertise their services and promise to recover money lost to scammers, but doing so is much easier said than done. Whilst the company Ellis and Burlington is itself legitimate, in a sense that it exists and operates a business, what they do is not necessarily what they promise and what they make out to be. All you have to look at is various reviews left by previous customers to get an idea that they are not actively engaged in pursuing the scammers and locating them and getting your money back, they instead provide you with tips and letters to approach others, like your bank, card companies, etc. to try and get them to help you using any available fraud protection they may offer.

I must honestly advise you that it is very rare for victims of such scams to get any money back, or for the scammers to be dealt with. The reasons for this are as follows:

1. The scammers are located abroad, often in countries where the authorities are far from efficient in dealing with such crimes. Even if not abroad, they are very good at hiding their tracks and real identities and use all sorts of computer trickeries to do so, like re-routing calls or hiding behind computer proxies, all with fake identities. Also, as there are far too many scams like this and there are simply not enough resources to deal with them all.

2. Even if you manage to locate the scammers, you can't force the authorities to act and apprehend them and to recover any money for you. All you can do is report them but what happens next is up to the authorities. The alternative is to sue the scammers directly, however that is likely to be a pointless exercise – they will unlikely participate in the claim or follow the rule of the law, even if ordered to pay by a court.

Do not get tempted, in desperation, to waste more money on a service which is very unlikely to actually get you your money back. What they do may be slightly helpful to a degree, but it is probably unlikely to justify the fees they will charge you for it.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your advice

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I did read it and I did thank you for it

no problem thank you