12826847

I would like to sue the police I am not sure if to go

Hi , I would like to sue the police I am not sure if to go through small claims maximum £1500 compensation or file in a higher court
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London plumstead
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: A complaint with police the officer resigned
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Why do you wish to do this please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I had a non molestation order against my husband he was removed from household . He collected his personal property with two police officers as witnesses. He reported the theft of a gold chain by myself. A detective came to my house and invited me to a volunteer interview I declined as we are married and advised our property has not been separated by a judge therefore no burglary to answer. They broke into my home arrested me then searched my home then released me when I told him two officers witnessed him remove his items from our home

I am currently in court therefore I wont be able to call till later - if this is ok please reply to me here and i will know you are waiting - thank you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok just let me know when you are available as I’m off work today thank you

Its likely to be this evening I'm afraid as Im in court

Is that ok?

How are you getting on?

I can call quite late.