Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have dispute in regard to my pension with my ex employer

I have dispute in regard to my pension with my ex employer which are not able to sort it out due to their negligence. I have been advised to complain to Pension’s Ombudsman and I need advice how to go about it.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in London LAHillingdon UB3 2PS.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven chasing the case with my employer but they seem not either unable or willing to resolve the case. I have been given the calculation of my entitlement but we’re unable to finalise it. The person who handled my case left the person who took over was unhelpful saying that she is unable to access the previous correspondences as the person has left. I forwarded to her all my previous correspondences but it seems she is not willing to handle the case. She finally advised me to complain to Pension Ombdusman.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been messed up with my pension from day of my employment. Since 2011 pension has become autoenrolment that is Government’s policy which my employer have missed out.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Am I connected?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am waiting to be connected with solicitor.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

You can make a complaint here: https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/submit-complaint

If you follow the link it will take you through the process of making the complaint in a step by step process, this involves giving initial details of the complaint and providing such documents as you have. Then the ombudsman will be in touch to ask further questions if they need to. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is this the best route to follow?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can’t afford to pay £ 40 at the moment.

Yes that is the best route to follow. I trust this assists