Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I was wondering if you could please help me? I have a 3 Yr

Good morning, I was wondering if you could please help me? I have a 3 Yr old grandson who I have played a major roll in his life since birth. He looks to me for security and I have been the one to attend .out of his medical appointments since birth and now dentist. My son has always been verbal abusive and has a personality disorder. He is of a controlling nature and uses my grandson as a control over me. His aggressive behaviour has become no longer barnacle and we had to contact the police. He has threatened me with not seeing my grandson who is always present when he kicks off. He loves to be with me and I support him and was his bubble through covid lockdown. Can I get help to see my grandson if so how. Thank you for your time. Mrs Sands.
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: No lawyer has been contacted as yet. They live in this country.
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: He has been taken from my house, with aggressive behaviour and verbally threatened.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My son who is my grandsons father has always had aggressive behaviour. I have always supported him and his family, there are 3 children one who is my sons step daughter who I've had from a young age but now not allowed to see. He has a younger daughter of 2yrs who I'm not aloud to see solay control. But my grandson has a bond with me since birth and I have always had him twice a week. I've always batched cooked food for him and now he stays over one night a week and I do dinners for him 2 or 3 times a week.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

Only people with parental responsibility, for example parents, step-parents or guardians can make an application for a Contact Order. Whilst grandparents rights are limited they can, however, apply for permission (leave) to apply for a Contact Order and the courts will consider the following:

• The applicant’s connection with the child.

• The nature of the application for contact.

• Whether the application might be potentially harmful to the child’s well-being in any way.

You can apply for a Contact Order through the court to gain access to your grandchildren by filling C100 application form.

They can apply online by using the below web link-

https://www.gov.uk/contact-grandchild-parents-divorce-separate

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your reply, please advise me on a chat.

Please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

If you have any follow-up question, please let me know