How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 163
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

I’ve been paying my ex partner for my youngest. He turned 18

This answer was rated:

I’ve been paying my ex partner for my youngest . He turned 18 and finished education . He was meant to start an apprentiship which fell through so has decided to go back into full time education . Do I still need to pay for him ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven’t . She has just started saying I need to restart paying .
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: His time at home is minimum as he has got a son with hos girlfriend and spends most of his time at her house

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Im assuming this arrangement was via CSA and not a court order?

She can re apply and an assessment will take place, or you can come to an arrangement yourselves via a mediator and have an agreement in place.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It was through the css but went to a private agreement
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I just want to know my legal obligations . I don’t mind giving him money direct

Maintenance payments will usually be paid up until the end of the completion of A levels and no further so if your son is intending to do this you can either come to an agreement yourselves or she can try and make an application and they will assess the same.

Inderdeep and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks for your advice