Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

In civil proceeding, is anything said in written pleadings

In civil proceeding, is anything said in written pleadings protected. E,g an individual could not then bring a claim for defamation for words used in those proceedings (not outside of court)

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

Yes it is privileged so a defamation action would not be successful. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would that specifically extend to: “if you don’t pay back the money you owe me I will report you to the police for mortgage fraud which I believe you have committed”.Thanks. This is my last question on this subject.

Yes it would I trust this assists