Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My neighbour says he has right of way on the track behind

Hi, my neighbour says he has right of way on the track behind our house. We want to fence the land as it is used by flytippers etc and incorporate into our property boundary - how can I find out if he is correct
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We have not filed anything, we dont actually know where to start - we were sure that this is crown land
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer:*****Datchet SL3 9LS
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: property 52 (next door) to 62 already have this land incorporated into their boundary

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Have you checked your title deeds to see if there is a right way on there or were you told about this when you bought the house?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We have checked the title deeds and there is nothing on there
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
neighbour talks about 'blue' and 'brown' shaded indicators on some map he has... I cannot find a map with this detail on it...

Yes that is the title plan, have you got the title deeds?

You can buy them for £3 on the land registry beta website: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/QuickEnquiryInit.do

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
bear with me

Will do

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
here it is

No there is no right of way on there so I think you should just say to him there is nothing on your deeds saying there is a right of way. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thats brilliant - thank you very much.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
have a great evening

Happy to help, have a great evening also