How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 75166
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

MY QUESTION is about an injury at work how to make a claim,

This answer was rated:

Hello. MY QUESTION is about an injury at work how to make a claim
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: grangemouth
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: just that it was on the 24 th of june when the accident happened

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Please explain your situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i was working at dalmeny pumping station for ineos when i tripped and fell getting badly bruised
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no thank you

OK thank you, ***** ***** you report this to your employer? Also, did you require any medical attention at the time? and how long have you worked for your employer please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it was reported no medical attention was required but i was seen by the first aider at the time of the accident .I work for a sub contractor doing security for ineos the company is Wilson James 9yrs working for them
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am still having a lot of pain in my shoulder and my left leg from the fall with some nerve damage to my arm and shoulder. some photos were taken of all the bruising the next day after it happened.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is it worth while me persuing a case against ineos and a sub cotractor called luddon for compensation
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is anyone thereto reply

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

A personal injury (PI) claim is aimed at claiming compensation for injuries sustained, in order to try and restore the injured person to the position they would have been in had the injury not happened. Obviously, that will often be impossible as the injuries cannot be undone, but at least the injured party can claim for financial compensation to help with the trauma and any medical costs.

For a PI claim to succeed, the injured party has to show the following factors apply:

- that the other party owed them a duty of care;

- that such duty of care was breached, either deliberate or negligently;

- that the breach caused them to suffer an injury;

- that such injuries were reasonably foreseeable in the circumstances. The injuries could be either physical or mental, or both.

There are two types of compensation that can be claimed for:

- General damages - based upon medical evidence and the amount depends on how the injuries affect the claimant now and how they will affect them in the future.

- Special damages - designed to put the claimant back in the financial position they were in as if the accident had never occurred.

In terms of taking this further, due to the technical nature of PI claims, it is always recommended to use a specialist lawyer to help with the claim. Many can offer free initial advice and then can also consider taking the claim on a no-win-no-fee basis if they believe there are decent prospects of success.

A search for qualified lawyers can be made here:

Another option worth considering is the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), a not-for-profit association of solicitors, barristers and academics who specialise in personal injuries work (

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your advice

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best

Ben Jones and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you