How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 24559
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

When a divorced partner, blocked on all social media and

This answer was rated:

when a divorced partner, blocked on all social media and phone hacks email to find new address then turns up uninvited?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Im asking for a friend who is overwhelmed but his ex of 8mths is relentless

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Has this friend called Police and told them about her/his harassment?

what do they want?

Stuart J and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Its only a couple days ago that she contacted him so he is still in shock. Hasnt got police involved yet.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Pls call back. Stepped away for a minute. Apologies

He is probably being harassed.

Harassment is defined as a course of action (more than once) which is intended to harass, does harass, is reckless as to whether it harasses, or if the average bystander would look at the conduct and think that it was indeed harassment.

Harassment is both a civil matter and a criminal matter.

If a person is being harassed, they can go to the police and ask them to warn the alleged culprit under the Protection from Harassment Act.  Some police forces take harassment very seriously and others not so and therefore, the person who is being allegedly harassed may need to speak to a senior officer or put a complaint in writing to the Chief Constable.

You can of course apply to the County Court for a civil injunction to prevent any contact and if the person then breaches the injunction they will get arrested and potentially jailed for contempt of court.

Contempt of court is actually more serious than the harassment itself.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Appreciate the concise information and will pass it on. Thank you kindly.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me,  with your legal problem.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Hallo Sir, much appreciation for your expertise. Hopefully, personally will never need you. However, will save this correspondence just in case. Seems like you paid attention in class. Hope its paying off. I can only thank you and commend your years swotting finally paying off. Im one happy African Woman to go give a Portuguese a lifeline. The irony. As my Mama used say, may the works of your hands be forever blessed and to your loved ones too. Thank you kindly Sir.

Thank you for the kind comments.  Really appreciated.  I didn’t actually pay attention in class, I left school with no qualifications and I went to law college as a mature student to become a solicitor and here I am.  But I also have a degree from the University of life.

Take care and may I express the same wishes to you.  Kind regards