Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

What's the phrase for wanting immediate compliance with a

What's the phrase for wanting immediate compliance with a contract term?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ireland Is it 'specific performance'?
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: After a property auction, solicitor still has issued contract for sale
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 'has not issued'

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1.  If you want the solicitor to issue the contract for sale after an auction, then you are essentially seeking "specific performance" of the contract, which means that you are seeking performance of the obligations arising under it.   So, you should get your own solicitor to formally write to the solicitor for the vendor and call upon them to provide you with the contract for sale of the property.  If the contract for sale doesn´t issue or if it is not what you want, then you will seek specific performance of the contract.  This means you will seek its performance by asking the court for the terms of it to be fulfilled by the vendor of the property.

2.  If you require any clarification or if there is additional information you wish to share, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks. I have written today to the Managing Partner of the solicitors, and the CEO of their client, and the CEO of the Estate Agent
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No thanks