SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I managed my portfolio of shares through EQI whereby they

i managed my portfolio of shares through EQI whereby they held and updated the portfolio and I did the dealing on my computer.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I manage my portfolio at home in Muswell Hill London. EQI transferred the portfolio to be held by Interactive Investor but when looking at the portfolio once transferred , it was obvious that certain transactions on one share held had been omitted from the transfer. Having raised this issue with IInvestor certain changes were made to the portfolio but without notifying me and without changing the total present worth of the holding.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: HAVING ASKED SEVERALTIMES TO SPEAK TO INTERACTIVE'S RESEARCH TEAM FOR CLARIFICATION THE REQUEST WAS IGNORED . i NOW HAVE VERY LITTLE TRUST IN INTERACTIVE'S CREDIBILITY OR HONESTY . WHAT DO I DO?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I HAVE TELEPHONED IN ALL AT LEAST 10 TIMES WITHOUT SUCCESS AND THE LAST TIME THE LADY i SPOKE TO ASSURED ME THAT THE RESEARCH DEPT WOULD PHONE ME WITH AN EXPLANATION WITHIN 2-3 DAYS . THIS WAS FOUR DAYS AGO. wHAT DO I DO?

Good afternoon, welcome to just answer.

I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Please note that although I can guide you, just answer doesn’t provide legal representation and as such no Solicitor/client relationship is formed. Bear with me whilst I fully review your request.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
please reply by email

Thank you for your patience, if they are FCA regulated you can write to them threatening that you would report the conduct to the FCA. If they are not FCA regulated and because the activity is investment activity you would have to follow their published complaints process and if as a result of the missing detail you can prove that you have suffered financial detriment, you will be able to sue them for damages on the grounds of breach of contract,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, I am glad to assist you further. All the best,