james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My daughter has lost her licence through build up of points

My daughter has lost her licence through build up of points when she gets her licence back can she drive a car that is insured under my husband's name
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't think so

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Yes your daughter will be able to do that, but she will need to be a named driver on your husbands policy. His insurance company would likely ask about her driving record when she is added to the policy.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I know it will cost quite a bit for her to get her own insurance do you know if it will be as much if my husband takes it out on his policy

I really can not say. That is only an answer the actual insurance company can give.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That's great at least we know what we can and can't do. Thank you very much

Good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.