How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3447
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I wonder if u can help. It’s about funds been held by a

This answer was rated:

Hi I wonder if u can help. It’s about funds been held by a lawyers firm for my financial settlement and there is a court order in place but my ex is disputing against the order and we are having a hard time getting the funds released . What can I do
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: He’s lawyers is in bristol
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: They are not releasing funds despite of court order my lawyer is In Chiswick
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to report them to SRA because this is misconduct
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can a lawyer call me?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The court order by reading family court
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
These funds have been held by them since 9th July. It should have been released ages ago

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you and I will wait

Thank you for the question.  I am sorry to hear about this matter and hopefully I will be able to assist you.   There may be a legitimate reason the firm are holding the money due to a pending appeal.   However, what you will require to do is raise a complaint with the law firm in the first instance and allow them to reasoned to this.  If they do not supply you with a satisfactory reason, at this point you can look at escalating matter to the SRA for investigation.  However prior to involving the SRA you must use every endeavour to remedy this with the law firm in the first instance.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
There is no reason why they are holding the funds as my lawyer checked and last week they were going to transfer funds but still haven’t and when we try to call they are not answering the phone.Initially my ex asked for 8 percent interest which we refused as this is a lump slum that the court has ordered
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
They are extremely difficult to get hold of. The only other alternative for me is to make an court application against the firm
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s all just extra cost for nothing
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I do not understand why the firm is supporting my ex in holding this money when they it’s wrong. They really are not doing this professionally

You need to make the complaint to the firm in the first instance, if you cannot resolve it with them you should escalate it to the SRA.