Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My daughter has been told by the school that they won't

My daughter has been told by the school that they won't allow her to take a GCSE maths re sit exam in November because CAMHS say it will cause her too much stress but she is really well prepared & really wants to sit the exam, can the school legally stop her from being entered for the resit exam?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have emailed CAMHS & the Headteacher & are meeting with the Headteacher on Thursday. The psychiatrist at CAMHS got confused as my daughter was really upset by being made to do A Level style tests after just over 2 weeks of studying A Levels, she is not at all worried by the resit but, even though the psychiatrist realised her mistake, she didn't rectify it properly, she just told the school that having recommended my daughter not be allowed to do the resit, they should reconsider,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i don't think so

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

I am afraid, it is entirely down to the school whether or not they enter a student for a particular exam I am afraid so whilst you can ask the school to reconsider you cannot force them to reconsider. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I suspected as much, thanks very much.

Happy to help, take care