How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15453
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Following on from our last conversation, I have filled out

Customer Question

Hello, following on from our last conversation, I have filled out the claim via the site u sent me (gov) and the government claims have given her a form to fill out/ get back in touch by 4pm 1st December 2021 and if she doesn't she will get a ccj, however I messaged her to literally just to let her know that the deadline is up and I have fulfilled the claim to go through. But she has just messaged me saying that "I have reported you for harassing me. Leave me alone! Its not your car anymore! If amy has a problem get her to message me but regarding that video she's leaning on the car too. Now you just repaying is just going to get your self into trouble. So back off" and i haven't replied as i I it's quite ridiculous but regarding the dash cam footage I have got for evidence, my mate amy only put her hands on the bonnet however tillie put her whole weight on my bonnet and you can hear on the footage a dent like sound when she performs it. Amy owns the car however me and tillie both agree with payments and all that before I even sold my car and I agreed to amy that I'll get it done. I really need help with this harassment business as I literally have not done anything bad.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello, yes I'm fine to wait, the solicitor I was talking to about this situation was Stuart J. If I could speak to him then that's great .
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now. I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Harassment is defined as "unwanted conduct designed to cause the victim alarm or distress", as per the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. There needs to be more than one incidence of harassment if they person alleging harassment wants to apply for an injunction.
It seems you have issued a claim via the money claims online website against someone. They have until 1st December to reply. If they do not then you can apply for judgment by default, meaning the court will grant a CCJ in your favour which you can then enforce.
The defendant can "report you" for harassment to the Police though they will not do anything unless the harassment is very serious such as stalking / threats of violence, etc.
You ask for help regarding the harassment - we are an internet forum and not a law firm so we cannot act for you or write to anyone for you. We can give general information and guidance from a legal standpoint and we can answer your queries on a Q&A basis.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

I hope this answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please do let me know.

Many thanks,

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Just a final note that I am free most days and would be happy to assist with any other queries you may have.

Best wishes,


Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you ever so much Jim and yes, personally I have not done any type of harassment to her at all. And I will follow up the judgment if nothing is done by the 1st of December. Thanks
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

No problem, many thanks and have a good day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have attached the claim that I filled out, am I meant to send this form to her? I'm thinking because I filled her details out on the form I thought it goes to her address, but I may be wrong, just want to clarify, thanks jim
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Hi, thanks - no, the court will issue the claim and it will send her the papers with a response pack that she has to complete and return.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I thought it was like that, thanks Jim really appreciate it
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

My pleasure, thank you

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Jim, with the claim that i have been filling out on gov small claims court, basically the woman requested to have a mediate meeting with someone from the court to ring however she has now turned around and said I want to set up agreed payments to pay off the damage via text to me, but what I was thinking is that can she just turn around like she has now and said I'll pay you even though she has requested mediate contact for each party me and her and also rejected my claim that i filled out and got sent to her? Surely she can't just drop all this claim via the claims courts. And if she is allowed can I request her to pay for my court fees.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 9 days ago.

Mediation is optional and encouraged by the courts but it needs both parties to agree to participate for it to work. If you win then yes your court fees are also repaid.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
we have both agreed with it but now she has turned around and said that I wanna pay you the money for the damage instead of going through a claim, but what I'm trying to say is, is it too late for her to say this? As she rejected my claim and asked for mediation.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 9 days ago.

No, she can say that at any time up to the final hearing. She can make offers and so can you.
Hopefully I have answered the question from the 16th regarding the harassment. If not, please let me know and I will be happy to help.
If there are other questions, such as mediation, if you can either accept the premium service (given it is a further unrelated matter to harassment), or please post a new question to the site assuming you have membership.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok so she is allowed to offer me to pay for the damage before the mediation? And should I charge her for the court fees on top of the damage?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 9 days ago.

Mediation is used to try and agree matters without having to use the court. If you win you can claim the court fees, yes.
If you could please post a new question, I can continue with your further question - if you can mark it FAO:JIM and I will pick it up.
Have a good day.