SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

The SSE energy company is forcefully sending me a extra bill

Customer Question

The SSE energy company is forcefully sending me a extra bill of 860 pounds with is unacceptable and I tried to speak then but there not able to understand anything they only care about me paying the extra and I have no choice because they said they will give account to the debt collect and I know I’m not meant to pay that extra money.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wandsworth
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve been trying confront them but they ignore and tell me I need to pay.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

Good day welcome to Justanswer.

I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.

Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Now how can you assist me with the problem now
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
please what nest i mass do

Thank you for your patience. If the bill is not an estimate but an actual bill and you believe that it is not accurate you must exhaust their internal complaints process first and once done if still unsatisfactory you should escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman Service:Energy. They will investigate and their decision would be binding on SSE.If the bill is an estimate then they cannot just look to enforce this, you should provide them with actual readings and from these you know how much is in dispute to then file your complaint with the Ombudsman.

Hi, I am not sure what happened to my response as this does not seem to have been uploaded. Please bear with me whilst I retype.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This is the actual bill not the estimate.I told the SSE. I would leave them if they wouldn’t fix the problem and then I left and now they charge me 800 pound even though I left.

Thank you for your patience. If this does not correlate to what you normally consume just get their final decision letter and esclate the complaint to the Ombudsman Service :Energy. The compliant is online and very straight forward.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to assist you further. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.