SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I need some advice regarding a money claim. It's someone

Customer Question

Hi - I need some advice regarding a money claim. It's someone that invoiced us and we haven't paid them - they provided no service and just demand compensation for something
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none - just got the claim online on saturday. it's only £500 but I don't want to pay them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not really - I can explain it to them
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 23 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
of course
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
We sell online. The guy claimed we used his product photo from amazon for which he invoiced us £500. We resell items from many places and the use of the photo was to sell his OWN product. He made a trial purchase, we then purchased it from him to be sent (to him, in this case. We were unaware as it's all automated). We obviously didn't pay him and now he opened this money claim regarding that invoice
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I'm happy to give you the login details to have a look
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
you still here?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
what's the point of this if no one replies?

Thank you for your patience. If they did not provide the service they are charging you for then you file a defence to the whole claim. IF they did the work and have left you with more cost to remedy any issues then you can file a defence and counterclaim. You should not leave responding too late as after 14 days they will be able to seek default judgment against you.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message and I will be more than happy to assist you further. All the best