SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am the claimant and following a small claim appeal (form

Customer Question

Hi, I am the claimant and following a small claim appeal (form n161), the court ordered that "Permission to appeal is refused... the appelllant is simply seeking a rehearing which is not the purpose of the appeal process... the appellant is entitled to an oral hearing is within 7 days of receiving this order he seeks such a hearing then the matter is to be listed before a circuit Judge with a time estimate of 1 hour." The question is how to I tell to the court that I seek that hearing? Just an email or letter? Do I have to pay Court fee? Thank you
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: County Court at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: N161 form
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't know
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I understand. At the moment I wal just looking for a little procedural advice Following a court order where they say that I am entitled to an hearing if I seek it. How do I tell them that I want it? Thanks

Thank you for your patience. You write to the Court and request the rehearing giving your reasons. There is no specifc Court form for that.

Any follow up please do not hesitatte to send your message and I will be more than happy to guide you further. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.