12826847

I Really hope you can help me my 18 year old purchased a car

Customer Question

Hi I Really hope you can help me my 18 year old purchased a car on the 21st of September on the 23rd September a neighbour drove into it and wrote it off ! Her insurance company gave my daughter a courtesy car that she still and they have agreed a settlement but they still haven’t paid her ,we have chased and chased but we keep getting told someone will call but no one does what can we do as we have found another car that we need to pay for but obviously we don’t want to release the courtesy car without getting payment and the insurance will need to cover the new car
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we are Colchester Essex uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: in fairness they have only spoken to my daughter as she is the policy holder , the hire company have called her too as they want there car back obviously I know feel that I need to step in to get some answers . My daughter works 8 till 5 and the insurance team are only there 9 to 5 so in her lunch hour she is mostly on hold !! We have emailed too but no response x
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no everything I have told you is correct it is just very frustrating they have told she will need to use her legal cover to fight the insurance company to get her 750 excess back which seems harsh when it was no fault of her own as the car was outside stationery and my daughter was indoors we are not talking about thousands of pounds but my daughter paid over a 1000 pounds for insurance and they have agreed to a settlement of £3105.00 and then they will deduct her excess
Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine how frustrating it must be. I will certainly try to clarify the position for you.

may I clarify why your daughter is making a claim against her insurance policy when presumably a claim should be being made against the driver of the other car who drove into your daughter's car's insurance please?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The claim is actually being made against the other drivers insurance sorry if I didn’t make this clear , I am actually now worried that I have added my card details to this site meaning that you can continue to charge me for this service I now feel that I have gone from bad to worse
Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately as I do not work directly for Justanswer I am not given any access to your account and therefore cannot see what you have been charged nor help with any billing enquiries. However customer services will be more than happy to assist you with the same. They can be contacted in a variety of ways including telephone, email and chat via the below link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Would you let me to continue in relation to your above questions or would you like to contact customer services first?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have cancelled membership as 50 pounds ro receive a call is way out of my league thanksu
Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

I am very sorry to read of the above. Unfortunately as I do not work directly for Justanswer I am not given any access to your account and therefore cannot see what you have been charged nor help with any billing enquiries. However customer services will be more than happy to assist you with the same. They can be contacted in a variety of ways including telephone, email and chat via the below link: