SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Assault on emergency worker, Kent uk, I was charged and have

Customer Question

Assault on emergency worker
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kent uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I was charged and have a court date
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My husband got me arrested for something I didn’t do 2 weeks previously ,I was trying to tell them I didn’t do it they handcuffed me and I bit he as I was so frustrated in pain and upset
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

I am very sorry to hear of this. If  he is not a witness for the prosecution and would be your witness then you can plead not guilty at the hearing. If the accusation is that you bit the worker and not what you were being handcuffed for in the first place then you plead guilty as you did bite him and you say your reasons in mitigation to get a reduced sentence. Because of who you bit unfortunately the CPS will not be easy on you and therefore you should consider having a representative.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message and I will be more than happy to guide you further. All the best.