Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I wanna to make an appeal for council house decicion for

Customer Question

I wanna to make an appeal for council house decicion for housing
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Stevenage
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sg1 4pl
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can send you a copy from decision
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine how frustrating it must be. I will certainly try to clarify the position for you.

May I confirm if this is a decision regarding allocating you a new home or something else please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can i send you a copy for decision
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We try to make an app for housing and the council rfuse cause my wife dosn't eligible
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They advice us to make homeless app
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We did it but we get also refuse cause my wife it dosn't work
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
She is caring of our baby
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

by all means alternatively, if you prefer, you can summarise what the decision is in relation to which is really all I would need to know

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms if the council has made a decision in respect of your housing application which you are not satisfied with the first thing usually to do is to check the councils own rules in respect of how it allocates priority for homes. The council causes an allocation scheme and you can obtain a copy as of right from the council.

from there, and particularly if you can demonstrate why the council's decision is wrong in respect of their allocation scheme, you can make a written request to the council either by letter or email setting out why you consider that decision to be wrong and asking the council to review the decision with a view to changing it. It's best to include as much as you can in terms of justification for this as well as on the evidence so far as it is relevant.

if you remain unsatisfied following the councils decision in respect of your request for review, you can make a formal complaint to the council and then escalate this to the Housing ombudsman following the ombudsman's complaints process:

https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/residents/make-a-complaint/

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

I trust the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please do reply back to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 11 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.