RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Although I did not work for the UK company in question the

Customer Question

Although I did not work for the UK company in question the EC asked me to carry out an investigation into this UK company in September 2015 - which I did Was I therefore not entitled to Whistle
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Not yet The company was in N. Ireland They had a 100% monopoly in grid connections for small wind turbines. I thought I was entitled to whistle blower status because the EC made the request
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I was in touch with OFGEM which is responsible for paying renewable energy companies their "feed in tariffs " or subsidies. OFGEM have an external whistle blower scheme which means that the complainant doesn't need to be en employee of that company which is being complained about
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Well I was able to prove that the EC was right to be suspicious of what I would describe as acts of fraudulent nature because they gave me an ample demonstration of it which has virtually bankrupted me
Expert:  RJM Law replied 15 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

If have been punished for being whistleblower then you have legal recourse for this, you also do not need the requeid 2 years service in order to bring a claim.  If you are no longer employed, you can take the matter to court, you will be compensated for any loss of earning etc you have suffered.   If you are still employed,  the first thing you require to do is raise the grievance procedure and take this process to exhaustion including any appeals.   If you cannot remedy the matter this way, you can raise “early conciliation” with ACAS.   This is the first step in the legal process, and you will require an Acas certificate in order to initiate legal proceedings with the employment tribunal.  If you are looking to go to an employment tribunal you only have 3 months minus one day to raise a claim.  The clock starts on the date of the incident complained of.   When you start conciliation with Acas the clock “pauses” on the time limit.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.