How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3348
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I was just looking for some advice please, Nuneaton Cv10,

Customer Question

Hello, I was just looking for some advice please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nuneaton Cv10
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Hi there,

What is your specific question, please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Basically I have a son I thought someone was his father put them on his birth certificate he isn’t his father his real father isn’t allowed contact with him and I was wondering how I can get the Unbiological father taken off and leaving it blank
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Thank you.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Hi there,

Only if the person is not biological father, then his name can be removed from the birth certificate of your child.

You can apply to change the records if you can prove that the man named on the certificate is not the natural father of the child. Examples of proof include:

  • a DNA test record from an approved tester
  • a court order confirming the person named is not the father
  • evidence that confirms the name of the true biological father
  • other evidence that confirms the recorded father could not have been the child’s natural father

Therefore, by having evidence of the father named on the birth certificate is not the biological father it is possible to remove father from birth certificate.

You can apply online to correct the details of father on the birth registration by using the below weblink-

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can’t get a dna test from any of them, the i’m biological father who’s on the birth certificate isn’t allowed near me due to domestic violence, the biological father who I don’t want on the birth certificate I’ve got a restraining order on, how do I go through the courts?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

You would have to approach the court for specific issue orders .

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do I call them?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

You can fill the Form GRO 185 to apply to re-register a child's birth and change the detail of the father-

Thank you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That forms saying to add father onto it? I don’t want father on it just want myself on it
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Being a mother , you can get the name of father deleted if the father is not biological father .

Use form C63 to ask the court to determine father's parentage -

Court can order DNA testing for the name father on the child's registration.

Thank you.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

If the father is not proved to be the biological father then his details can be deleted from child's birth registration.

Thank you. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

You are welcome. Enjoy rest of your day.