Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I had an accident on 27th August 2021 at 11pm, i was

Customer Question

I had an accident on 27th August 2021 at 11pm, i was breathalysed 5 hours later and not charged as i was under the legal limit. My insurance company have been trying to get info from police and cant for the last 3 months, is there a certain amount of time where they have to pay me out if they cant obtain the information they require?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dartford, Kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am just chasing them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My reading on the test was 33/34 and the police said if it was over 40 i would be charged. I know Admiral will say (when they get the information that they believe i wouldve been over the limit at the time of the accident and refuse my claim - bit this is all going on science and there will be no proof. What i would like to know mainly, is if this goes on for 6 months plus, is there a tiem where they will "have" to pay me out if they keep emailing the police and cant get the information they require from them? Thank you
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Insurance claims time limits vary given it could take a week to up to or more than a year given investigations on elements of the claim will have to undertaken.

That said you should check your policy to see whether the insurers have agreed to pay out by a certain time in circumstances similar to yours.

Alternatively you can consider raising a complaint regarding the service you have received as this may speed things up or maybe get them to make the payout sooner rather than later.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Your welcome

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe