MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I am applying for a new position in my work place and I have

Customer Question

Hi there I am applying for a new position in my work place and I have just got the terms and conditions of the job .
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Co limerick
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have just applied for the interview
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes there were two men working there and one has retired and the other man thats there will be retiring in a few years but they work in a complete different system there to the the terms and conditions I have received
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

My apologies. I responded to your query not immediately realising you are in Ireland. I will opt out so that an expert in Irish employment law can assist you. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I am happy to help you with your enquiry today.

Can I ask additional information about your enquiry? What matters concerning your work do you need advice on?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I just applied for a new position in my work place and I know the way the system works there and the company now want to change the terms and conditions for the new person going into it there will only be too people working this job can they change terms and conditions . So I'd be doing everything the same as the other person for less money and longer hours

I see.
If the change was made before you were hired, you are bound by it. Because you are a new employee, you are bound by the terms of your contract of employment, which should indicate core terms such as (1) the expected duration of your contract; (2) job description and the nature of the work; and (3) other conditions relating to work hours.
If you are already hired, and it is only then that they want to change the terms of your contract, they must consult you about the changes in your terms and conditions. You must give your consent before they make changes to your contract.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.