james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

The contract with my estate agent has an 11 week tie in

Customer Question

The contract with my estate agent has an 11 week tie in period with a 28 day cancellation notice. Do I have to wait to the end of the 11 weeks to give notice of cancellation or can I give notice 28 days before the contract end date so that the contract is over at the end of the 11th week?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok th

Unless the contract specifies that the 28 day notice can only be served after the 11 weeks, then you can indeed serve the 28 day notice period at any time so as to end the agreement on the last day of the 11 weeks.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How long will take to get my answer?

Please read my last reply.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Your very welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.